Monday, June 15, 2009

Hiking at Ranier

Yesterday on a whim we decided to go see that beautiful mountain pictured to the right. It took far too long to drive there but we went on about an hour like hike. The Rainier National Forest is huge. It is so big that we never actually saw the mountain. It was a great time in a beautiful place. The highlight was seeing Zach cross a log bridge over a raging river. We took some great pictures, but there was no memory card in the camera. Better luck next time.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you're already using this more than I do. :) I miss Seattle and it's natural beauty. I'm having a hard time finding the beauty in the "golden" (no, brown) plains here. Everywhere else turns brown and ugly in the winter, and well it's reversed here. We are just an hour from beautiful Yosemite but we haven't made it up there yet. Sounds like you guys had a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - you need to go to Yosemite. That's on my list of places I want to go someday and being an hour away is amazing. We totally went to Rainier on a whim and the drive was LOOOOOONNNG. It took 2.5 hours each way. Still it was fun.

    ReplyDelete