Friday, June 18, 2010

June Staycation Day 3


Still off from work. Today we went on an afternoon bike ride. Shannon and I had to procure new bikes to facilitate the bike ride. After spending some time at the bike shop, it was determined that Shannon and I ride about the same sized bike. So, we purchased mostly identical Specialized Hardrock.

Both were on sale and because we bought two, they give us a great deal on the bike carrier and that fancy helmet for Shannon.
Here is Shannon standing next to her new bike and wearing her new helmet.



Today's bike ride was on the Soos Creek trail. We covered about six miles(round trip). Zach is also training for his future racing career. When passing, as soon as possible Zach moves to cut you off. Once in front, he slows down to a more natural speed, causing you to slow down also. If you attempt to pass him, he accelerates making the pass more difficult. Here is a Zach preforming this maneuver against Shannon.




Here is Zach during one of our rest breaks.

Everyone thoroughly enjoyed the ride. I would say though, based on smiles, Shannon enjoyed it the most.










Tyler had pretty big smiles and enjoyed the ride in his bike trailer, of course he is holding his helmet rather than wearing it.

For our recoup meal, we had an excellent steak dinner, with potato pancakes, and spinach (with locally grown Yakima sweet onions, garlic, home grown radishes and olive oil). Tyler also enjoyed some pinneapple.





...And so ends yet another sunny day in the great pacific Northwest.


1 comment:

  1. I love these stories of your travels (and thank goodness you have a few days off so you have tome to post). I love your family - and your picures make me happy!

    ReplyDelete