Sunday, July 11, 2010

SUMMER!

Pike Place Market Summer arrived in the northwest this week in style. Record heat (89 degrees) on Thursday and Friday.












SOCCER CAMP:


Zach attended his fist ever sporting camp; the SU Soccer Camp hosted by the SU Women's Soccer team. Zach made friends with Rene and Cassi (his coaches) and stayed close to them all week. They were really sweet with him, after all he was one of the youngest children at camp. He had lots of fun running and kicking, but I also think he learned a lot about the game. Zach can dribble way better than I ever could, (and I played on the St. Joe Select team.)



LAKE WILDERNESS\COSTCO
To beat the heat, remember we don't have A/C, Shannon and Grandma took the kids to nearby Lake Wilderness. Good times splashing and shooting water guns. Tyler as no fear of the water, which is evidenced by his determination to continue walking into the lake, even though his head was entirely submerged. He also likes to pick things up from the bottom, even if it means submering his head. We think he holds his breath, but aren't sure if he does it on purpose.

















On Friday the family went to Costco! The real fun was unloading from the trip. Zach entertained Tyler by pushing him around in empty boxes. Tyler giggled uncontrollably the entire time.
















SEATTLE\TRAIN\POPPI

I had to work on Saturday, but the entourage borded the Seattle Link Light Rail and wandered around downtown until I was able to join them for dinner. This was Zach's first time on the rail and he was really excited. Downtown they spent time jumping in fountians, walking up steep hills, and we ate at the Red Robin on the water.

Poppi took a break from his northwest summer bike tour and hung out with us on Sunday. He took us to Dukes and gave Zach a ride around the Neighborhood.











No comments:

Post a Comment