Wednesday, August 31, 2011

1st Day of School

The night before the first day of school,  Zach was giddy with excitement.  We had been telling him for weeks that he needed to be well rested for school.  I did't get an argument from him when I told him it was bedtime earlier than usual.  

Here he is in the morning with the clothes he wanted to wear on his first day.   I forgot to take pictures of his shoes,  I will put those up soon.  These shoes make him really fast.  


When we picked out the bag,  I didn't realize it was so big.   There was some worry whether it would fit into his cubby at school,  but it fit without a problem.  

Once we got to school,  Zach was as cool as a cucumber.  I won't call him shy because he did speak when spoken too,  but he was quite and reserved.  There were several children sobbing because there parents were leaving them,  and a couple of those children were in full on melt down mode.  

I am guessing the first day was fairly uneventful.  He didn't have much to say about it,  and told grandma he didn't learn anything on his first day.   

Before I left,  I did notice the girl next to him had very nice handwriting,  and I noticed that Zach noticed this too.  If I know Zach,  I would expect to see his name written well on your next birthday or Christmas card. 



No comments:

Post a Comment