Tuesday, March 1, 2011

All About Zach

Song of the Day:   Mr. Brightside

Poll:  Spiritual Thought of the Week?  (send them to me, I need them for a church meeting)

2011-02-27 20.58.33

For the past several months,  six or so,  Zach has been telling people he is four and a half.  Monday the Missionaries were visiting and asked Zach his age.  Zach, once again, proudly stated that he was four and a half.  Under my breath I muttered to Shannon,  isn’t he actually like four and three quarters now?  Shannon quickly informed me that Zach was not aware of such complex fractions.  

Later that evening,  reflecting on two awesome talks about parenting given in church Sunday,  I expressed to my boys my love for them and their mother.  Zach, pausing for a second from his near constant motion, looked at me and said, “Daddy, I love you the very mostest.”   Taking advantage of the moment of calm, I asked Zach how much he loved his mom.  He answered without hesitation, “about three quarters.”   The irony was not lost on me, as I looked at Shannon and said,  “1/4 deduction for doubting his math skills!”   Intrigued by the pecking order,  I asked Zach how much he loves his Papi and Grandma in Colorado.   He gave Grandma a “97 quarters,  just three less than you Daddy” and Papi a “98 quarters.”  He then volunteered that Tyler and Grandma(the one here) were right up there with me.   I apologize for not finding out everyone else’s position in the hierarchy,  but I was happy with my placement and didn’t want to press my luck.  

Despite my rank,  Zach almost knocked me over running to say hi  and hug Mom as we both came home together from work this evening.  

Shannon and my Mother went to  a relief society event about gardening(plants fear Shannon) and eating vegetables whilst I put Zach to bed.  After reading about evil mothers-in-law and mongooses(the mongooses were not evil) I asked Zach to brush his teeth and get ready for bed.  He said he was hungry and wanted pudding.  I heard Karl’s voice in my head, “How can you have any pudding if you don’t eat your meat!”   Knowing that the presence of pudding has created great controversy lately  I asked Zach how many puddings he had eaten today?  After several moments of deep thought,  he answered none.  I didn’t believe him for a minute.  After staring at him for what seemed like a week,  he told me “I am very sneaky”, and to keep Tyler and Grandma from seeing,  he snuck pudding out of the box and ate it before they could see what he was doing.  Very sneaky.  

  IMG_0005  

The Pudding Controversy:  Zach’s mother’s other child, Tyler has always had strong opinions,  and even stronger opinions about food.  From his infancy eating times and amounts have been non debatable Items.   However, recently Tyler has become extremely opinionated about the which food he wants to eat.  Do to his strong like of cookies, executive order 2011-2B was issued outlawing the presence of cookies in the Ellis house.  Despite being shown that the cookie jar is empty multiple times a day,  the Tyrant demands cookies be presented to him at every time he sits down to eat.   In the absence of cookies,  he has decreed that pudding can be and is a more than adequate substitute.    Tyler will refuse all other foods if he has determined, which he has always determined, its pudding time.   Thus,  the need for Zach to sneak pudding. 

2 comments:

  1. this is jessica speaking:
    i love this! i will bring some cookies with me when i come visit! and i am hoping to find out the amount that zach loves me (hopefully it is at least a few quarters...)
    spiritual thought of the week (i actually used this in my fhe thought on monday):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhLlnq5yY7k

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Brian! KEEP POSTING! Your posts are awesome and we want more! Brian! Brian! Brian! (that's supposed to be like people cheering you on)

    ReplyDelete